Campsite at 55 km from Saint-Girons
Are you looking for a nature holiday in Ariège?Discover the Sédour, campsite at less than 60 km from Saint-Girons entirely thought out for holidaymakers in search of large spaces and tranquility. Everything is done to promote the resourcing and relaxation in this 4 seasons campsite.
At the foot of the mountains of the Ariège Pyrenees, the wooded and landscaped domain of more than one hectare includes vast and beautiful pitches for camping and caravanning, as well as plots with mobile homes and canvas bungalows. At the edge of a river with a view of the mountains, the setting of our campsite near Saint-Girons is ideal for a revitalizing stay with family and friends.
Mobile homes rental near Saint-Girons
You want to rent a mobile home in Ariège to spend a vacation of pure relaxation in the heart of exceptional natural spaces? Le Sédour campsite offers you to choose to rent a mobile home near Saint-Girons, at the foot of the Ariège Pyrenees.
An ideal destination to indulge in sports and outdoor leisure activities and stay in a quiet and revitalizing setting. Treat yourself to an authentic green vacation by booking a Coco Sweet tent open to the great outdoors! The campsite Sédour proposes the rental of mobile homes and bungalows near Saint-Girons all year round, so that you can enjoy the Ariège during the four seasons!
What to see in Saint-Girons
- Religious heritage : the church Saint-Genès and its bell tower of the 14th century, but also the church Saint-Valier and its ornate portal of the 12th century.
- The old bridge that spans the river Salat : it dates from the 16th century and its sidewalks are made of marble from the Ariège region.
- The museum of the road to freedom : a museographic space installed in the former railway station of Saint-Girons, dedicated to the journey of the exiles who tried to flee the Nazi oppression by joining Spain during the Second World War.
- The viscountal castle : on the left bank, the 16th century building, former castle of the viscounts of Couserans, houses a media library, as well as exhibitions in its basement.
- The Champ de Mars which borders the Salat : a pleasant place to stroll, it hosts every Saturday the great market of Saint-Girons.
Things to do in Saint Girons
- Stroll on the market : renowned throughout the Ariège and as far as Toulouse, it is one of the largest in the department. The weekly market takes place on Saturday mornings all year round. Two Mondays per month, a fair also takes place in Saint-Girons.
- Participate in the festive events of the city : the traditional festivals at the end of July and their fairground rides, the festival Autrefois le Couserans and its many folklore events in August, or the Rite festival devoted to world cultures.
- Visit the nearby Saint-Lizier cathedral, as well as the bishops' palace, less than 3 km north of downtown Saint-Girons along the course of the Salat.
- Refresh and relax at the Couserans aquatic center, in the heart of the city of Saint-Girons.
- Fishing in the Salat river, in the Salat body of water, or in one of the tributaries of the river, the Lez or the Baup.